Thursday, March 1, 2007

First Post

Brian Knep here. I'll be showing a new piece, Drift Wall, at U. Mass Lowell and a new body of work at Judi Rotenberg during Boston Cyberarts 2007.

The piece in Lowell is a larger version of Drift Grid. I want to see what happens when an entire wall is bubbling upwards, reacting subtly to viewers' presence or gazes. I recently recreated Drift Grid at Ron Feldman Fine Arts in New York, making it larger than I had before. The effect is beautiful. Standing in front of the piece, it fills your vision and feels more persent, alive, even intimidating.

At Rotenberg I will be showing work in progress from my artist-residency at Harvard Medical School. I've been filming frogs, worms and other small organisms, manipulating the video, and creating pieces about change and again. It's been slow going. I'm hoping to get a few finished pieces done by Cyberarts and show some other work in beginning stages. You can read more about it in my journal.


Oh, and I had eggs for lunch today.

No comments: